After looking into several manufacturing methods, EGW decided to fully machine the hammers from solid, the method used for the popular hard sear, long ball head disconnector, slide stops and thumb safeties.
- The accuracy of the hammer is impressive. Using one hold to machine and ream the holes, mill the profile, cut reliefs and slice the hammer means that all these operations will be within .0005" for a true and square hammer.
- The tank treads for cocking serrations look Heavy Duty and are functional without adding stress risers.
- The slot through the top adds a distinctive looks and make the hammer lighter.
- The lightened hammer weighs in at 10.7 grams (165 grains)
- Machined from: Vacuum hardened American tool steel 51-53 Rc hardness.